5-axis edm-wire cutting
EDM (Electro Discharge Machining) Wire Cutting involves cutting profiles in conductive materials using thin brass wire (0.1-0.25 mm in diameter). EDM is an exceptionally accurate process and is used for high-precision engineering applications.
Hand-On Industries operates a Sodick VL400Q a fully submerged linear drive EDM Wire Cutter which has taper cut and 5th-axis capabilities.
Utilising innovative fixturing and precision-prepared blanks, Hand-On Industries can create a vast array of wire-cut parts that commonly surpass client’s expectations.
Worktable Area |
X | 400 mm
Y | 300 mm
Z | 220 mm
Taper Angle | ± 15 °
Wire Diameter | 0.1 – 0.25 mm
Linear Tolerance | < ± 0.01 mm
- Utilises DXF code to generate 2-dimensional tool paths
- Can cut very tight profiles (down to a 0.05mm corner radius)
- Shapes cut to < ± 0.01 mm tolerance
Taper cut profile
- 15° taper from vertical
- Ability to cut compound profiles (e.g. a square hole to round hole)
- Ability to cut 3-dimensional components
indexing head | 5th Axis
- Mounted component is rotated on indexer
- Highly precise 3-dimensional shapes